Tattoo Aftercare Info
How should I take care of my tattoo after it’s finished?
- Leave your tattoo wrapped overnight so it doesn’t bleed on your sheets.
- The morning after your tattoo, wash it with room temperature water (not too hot, not too cold) and ONLY USE UNSCENTED HAND SOAP (Gold Dial handsoap is a good choice).
- Always wash your hands before washing your tattoo and before applying ointment.
- Two to three times per day, apply a thin later of ointment (you will receive this from your artist).
- Don’t oversaturate the tattoo with ointment. You want the oointment to be in the tattoo, but not on the tattoo – your tattoo needs to breathe.
- Do this for the first 48 hours and then apply Saniderm to your tattoo. Make sure that before applying the Saniderm wrap (if you’re doing it by yourself) that your tattoo is clean and dry with no ointment.
- Leave the Saniderm bandage on for 5 days. While the Saniderm will keep your fresh tattoo sterile and protected from external contaminants, still treat it as a fresh wound. Keep it out of the sun and don’t let other people or pets touch your tattoo.
- After 5 days, peel Saniderm off in the shower to let the water assist you in the process of peeling it.
Join our mailing list for shop updates, availability, guest spots, giveaways and more.
1779 1100 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84105